Reading Challenges on Beanstack
What is Beanstack?
Beanstack is an online service that is very easy to use on your phone, tablet or PC to log your reading and participate in fun challenges.
How do I get started?
1. It is so easy! Click on the ICL flame using your PC or go mobile and download the
2. Once you arrive at the ICL Beanstack site or have downloaded the app, click on the button that fits your needs: Sign In or Register an individual, family, class or group.
3. Fill in the information. If you are a parent registering a child, be sure to enter your information under "Adult Information." You will be the Account Creator. If you would like to sign up for a reading challenge you will also have to be signed in as a Reader. Beanstack allows families to be linked together, so that all family members can be accessed with one login. If you prefer to not be linked, choose I am registering myself.
4. Once registered, you will be taken to your account page. This is where you will log the books, track the badges to earn a prize for every 100 books!
How do I log minutes?
1. In the upper left corner of the screen select the reader profile you would like to log the books for.
2. Click on the Log Reading and Activities button in the upper left corner or on the blue plus sign on the app. Choose what you would like to log.
3. Select the day on the calendar you would like to log, scroll down to enter the book information (optional) and how many times the book was read.
4. When you reach a reading goal you will earn a badge which will generate tickets for you to enter the prize drawing.
How can I get a library card?
If you do not have a library card and cannot visit the library right away, register for an eCard to get started. If you live in the library district you can visit ICL to convert your eCard to a full-service card with a valid ID with a current address!